Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock over the past year, you must have likely heard of the Clubhouse app. Founded in 2020, Clubhouse has quickly built a reputation as the ‘next big thing’ in the social media era. It is an exclusive audio-only social media platform where people can spontaneously jump into voice chat rooms together. The app is packed with celebrities, talent shows and thought provoking conversations. If you haven’t heard of it, no sweat – we’ll break it down for you in this Clubhouse app review.
What is Clubhouse?
Clubhouse app is a free social networking platform forged around audio. The app lets you create and join ‘rooms’, where you can chat with others in a big conference call. There are no videos, pictures, or hardly even text. It’s just like tuning into a podcast but live with an added layer of exclusivity. Users have the option to join and leave the call at any time. Clubhouse Android apk and iOS download is completely free.
How does Clubhouse work?
Clubhouse social network is invite only. This means you need an invitation to join from an existing member. You can still download the app, but you’ll be placed on what seems to be a fruitless waiting list. However, Clubhouse’s CEO Paul Davidson has promised that the app will eventually open up for all. As of now, anyone who manages to receive a Clubhouse app invite is only given two invites of their own.
When you join, you can select topics of interest like health, tech, business, and more. The conversation room is just like a conference call, with one person speaking and others listening. And once the conversation is over, the room is closed (just like a phone call).
Who all are on Clubhouse?
The Clubhouse app has been joined by many celebrities. Float around the app and you might hear folks like Oprah Winfrey, Drake, Chris Rock, or Ashton Kutcher. You’ll also find musicians The Game 21 and Savage alongside comedians Kevin Hart and Tiffany Haddish. Tech moguls Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg have both spoken on Clubhouse calls in the last few months, which has only intensified the buzz around it.
Clubhouse key statistics:
Here are a few stats related to Clubhouse social media app usage across the globe:
- As per a report, Clubhouse has over 10 million users, most of which were added between January and February 2021
- Over 18 million people have downloaded the app
- More than 180 organizations and venture capitalists have made investments in Clubhouse to date.
- Clubhouse has been ranked the 16th most popular app in the “Social Media Network” category of the App Store
- Clubhouse has been valued at $4 billion in a Series C round
Rules you should know
- First of all, the app strongly discourages any discriminatory or aggressive behavior.
- Hosts/moderators of the room are allowed to control conversations.
- Hosts have the authority to ‘kick’ speakers out as and when they are finished.
- Many Clubhouse social network rooms are live for two hours+, so it’s advised that hosts/moderators reset the room every 30 minutes or so.
- If you’re an audience member, there’s a raise your hand button which can be activated by the moderator.
How to join a room?
The rooms on your homepage will be open for you to join. Don’t worry, you will be muted throughout unless you get invited on stage. Once you’re in, you can click “raise hand”or ‘’request speaking.’’ You can also access a room by clicking through the notification if you get ‘pinged in’ by a friend. If you want to leave the room, simply click the “leave quietly” button.
Pros and cons
Let’s discuss the pros and cons of this exclusive audio-only app:
- Clubhouse is a fun way to learn, teach and connect. It is also engaging and informative. Some of its biggest benefits include:
- Chat rooms cover a wide range of topics related to your business and interest
- Make solid connects with people who share the same interests
- Join and host freely
- Raise your hand to ask a question of a presenter
- Listen to people who have achieved extraordinary things
Like all social media platforms, if you aren’t careful, Clubhouse social media app can be a distraction that gets in the way of achieving your goals. Some of its major limitations are:
- It is hard to find worthwhile chat rooms at times
- Lack of credibility
- Reporting or blocking users isn’t possible at the moment
Clubhouse App Ratings and Additional Information
Clubhouse app is available for both Android and iOS users. Clubhouse app Android was released just recently in May 2021. While for iOS users, Clubhouse has been available since its launch. The app is free to use on both the OS.
Design– 4.0 stars
Usability– 4.2 stars
Features– 4.5 stars
Reliability– 4.2 stars
We hope that our Clubhouse app review was helpful in understanding its uses and exceptional features. The app has a simple interface and allows you to meet and build connections with others. The app gives you an opportunity to attend debates, lectures, performances, book clubs, and comedy shows for free. Clubhouse is also planning to allow users to make money through the app from subscriptions, holding events, and receiving tips. And as more people are invited, the buzz is sure to grow.
Do you have something amazing like Clubhouse? Our team will review your app and help you increase its outreach by presenting it in front of the right audience. You can get your app reviewed by us.
She is an avid writer of technology and trending mobile apps. When she is not busy updating you about the tech world, she spends time reading books and playing guitar.