Posted by Kübra Zengin, Program Manager
Learning about Android development doesn’t mean you have to learn by yourself. Join fellow developers in your community and improve your skills by attending an Android Study Jam! Events are currently taking place across North America.
Android Study Jams are community events where developers come together to learn, create, and collaborate. Participants will follow guided codelabs designed to improve their development skills, all with an extra focus on improving the quality of applications.
These codelabs are created by the Android Developer Relations team at Google with three different tracks.
- Track one focuses on developers who are completely new to programming.
- Track two is for developers who are already experienced with Android development and are looking to take their skills to the next level.
- Track three is for advanced developers who want to learn about Modern Android Development: the Androids team’s recommended tools, APIs, and programming language to help developers more productively build better quality apps. This track will cover :
- Jetpack Compose
- Kotlin coroutines
- Using Hilt and learning the importance of Dependency Injection
- Advanced WorkManager
- Advanced Testing Concepts
- Jetpack Compose Basics
If you want to join an Android Study Jam, meet fellow developers, and learn alongside friends old and new, then check out this link to find an event!